Great to have you here! This is the fourth lesson of a series of super easy lessons that will help YOU getting started with cryptocurrencies.
Currently, these lessons are available, be sure to start with the first one and check back for new lessons coming up!
Lesson 1: Getting started with NANO (online since April 14, 2018)
Lesson 2: How To Buy NANO (online since April 22, 2018)
Lesson 3: How To Get Free NANO (online since April 22, 2018)
Lesson 4: How To Get BANANO (see below, online since April 26, 2018)
More will follow soon! Follow us on Twitter for updates!
Content of Lesson 4: How to Get BANANO
This will be a fun one as well. But it is a seriously great thing, don’t stop reading yet! In this lesson we will cover how to get free BANANO and explain what BANANO is, and why it is bantastic! This lesson will also introduce the concept of an “crypto airdrop” and the term “fork” to you.
Step 1: What is BANANO?
- BANANO is a meme coin, that means it should not be taken too seriously for now, and it is about creating a “fun” currency. Other examples for successful meme coins are Dogecoin or Garlicoin. Such meme coins are starting from a fun idea from some crypto enthusiasts and then might develop to an actual valuable thing. See more information on the official BANANO website and at HowToBANANO.info.
- The great thing about meme coins is that they always start with lots of fun! That’s also why mostly fun people are active in the community. Another great thing is that this attracts people who are not familiar with crypto yet, and it mostly attracts fun people, like you!
- BANANO was started in early April 2018, so it very fresh!
- BANANO is a “fork” of another crypto coin that you already know – NANO. It has “copied” the NANO technology and shares all the great features of NANO, meaning that all transactions are still feeless and instant, and it doesn’t require mining.
- Taken together, BANANO is a technically bantastic cryptocurrency and may have a great future.
- Most importantly: BANANO has not a “real money” value yet, and thus it is the perfect crypto currency to play around with and to get familiar with the technology around it, including wallets, addresses and sending it to others! No risk involved! So don’t be afraid to try it out, and share it with others. Just tell your friends how all this works, help them to get a wallet, and send them some BANANO! Sharing and using BANANO is key for its success! This is just the beginning of the crypto revolution 🙂 And YOU are a part of it!
- Read the next steps and learn how to get started, how to get FREE BANANO and how YOU can contribute to making BANANO a success!
Step 2: How to get started with BANANO
- As with NANO, you first need a wallet. This goes exactly as with NANO in Lesson 1:
- Go to the website vault.banano.co.in
- Create a new wallet – this is like your NANO wallet, but for BANANO.
- Your seed will be displayed, copy this and keep it somewhere safe. Never give this to anyone else!
- Set a password. Be sure to never lose that password. If you lose it, you still can recover your wallet with your seed.
- Go to “Accounts”. There you will find your BANANO address. While your NANO address started with xrb_…, your BANANO address will start with “ban…” and look like this one: ban_1kdcquap39d6nugficr4u1g87cqpaau4mig55sgjgtgi7jp8km5shobds61m
- Your wallet is ready! Step 1 is completed! Congrats! You now have a BANANO wallet!
Step 3: How to get free BANANO
- As BANANO was created recently as a “fork” from NANO, the creators need to distribute it somehow. This is essential since only if a crypto coin is distributed and decentralized, its network will be valid and useful in the future. That’s why now is the time to get some FREE banano!
- There are several ways to get FREE BANANO right now:
- Option 1: Airdrop to NANO holders: If you have owned NANO in a personal wallet (not on an exchange), you hopefully have made sure to visit the banano.claims website and put in your NANO (not BANANO!) address before April 30, 2018! Everyone who had NANO on April 8 is then supposed to receive free BANANO soon! More information can be found on banano.claims. If you have NANO now and did not have it on April 8, make sure you have it in your personal wallet, there will be future airdrops coming for NANO holders probably soon!
- Option 2: Join the community at the BANANO subreddit and the BANANO discord. Just be active, contribute to the BANANO fun and look out for further information how to get FREE BANANO. You can also ask questions there, everybody is fun and happy to help you! There are frequent giveaways and tips going on, and lots of fun of course! When arriving at the discord, say hi and then message “.register” to @BananoBot++. This very kind (ro)bot can help you to receive some free BANANO. Message “.help” to the bot for help. Check out #the-jungle for quite some fun! See you there!
- Option 3: Twitter Giveaways: Follow BANANO Coin on Twitter and watch out for news and giveaways!
- Option 4: Play BANANO poker freerolls (free to play!) at nanopoker.club and try to win some free BANANO!
- Option 5 (the coolest one!): Play faucet games! To make sure BANANO is distributed in a fair way to everyone, there are free-to-play games available on a regular basis. On the last weekends, there was jump&run BANANO Runner game available that allowed you to collect real BANANO just by playing it on your computer or smartphone. Other games to come, keep an eye on announcements at the BANANO subreddit and the BANANO discord.
- Option 6: Bananominer.com – put in your BANANO address, solve the proof-of-work captcha (will mine with your CPU) and get a BANANO each time you do so.
All done? Congrats, Lesson 4 is complete! Come back here for regular updates! And see you at the BANANO discord!
Next lesson: Lesson 5: How to get more free crypto from other airdrops (coming soon!)
The next update will show you some more easy options to get more free crypto. Come back soon! Follow us on Twitter for updates!
You like this guide? Share it with your friends!
Do you have any suggestions or questions?
Then send us an email to HowToNANO@pm.me
Was the information on this website helpful?
Then please share this website with your friends!
Thanks in advance! See you around!
All information on this website is for educational purpose only. All information provided on this website is not intended to be a source of advice or investment analysis with respect to the material presented, and the information contained on this website does not constitute any investment advice. Especially cryptocurrencies cannot be considered a safe investment at the current stage, so please never invest more than you are willing to lose, diversify your investments, and always keep in mind that chances for huge gains also include possibilities of huge losses. Please also always keep in mind that if you lose your password and seed to your wallet, nobody will be able to help you to recover your funds. Please be sure you understand what you do before handling bigger values in cryptocurrencies.